View Single Post

Old 01-13-2021, 11:16 AM
Default Cooler

QUOTE=nancyj;1886380]Hello,
I have been researching The Villages as a place to relocate to. I am recently widowed, in my early 60s, and looking for a fresh start in a different part of Florida (I'm currently living in SW Florida). I love that golf carts are a primary way of getting around the area, but my question is about going grocery shopping at the supermarkets. I'm not that familiar with golf carts (nope - not a golfer here) but was wondering if they have a storage area or someplace to put your groceries in while you drive back home. Or do most people just drive their car to the markets and keep their groceries cool in the A/C?
Thanks for you help -[/QUOTE]
Hi Nancy
Whether by cart or by car, I always take my cooler or coolers with reusable cold packs when shopping to keep cold things cold or frozen. Generally the coolers that come with the golf carts aren’t high quality but would be ok for a quick trip. You can’t leave expensive coolers outside on your cart or they won’t be there when you get back but you might want to invest in a decent one for the car. Also, for foods that are hot that you want to stay hot, there are inexpensive bags for those foods that you can purchase online or in stores that you might consider.