View Single Post

Old 01-13-2021, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I think Amazon Prime membership is well worth the money. Shopping, shipping, video, reading, etc. I’m a supporter. I don’t think they are any better or worse than any large company. I just look for value for my money. And convenience has a high value to me. Amazon delivers...both literally and figuratively imo.

And a Kindle Paperwhite is going to be hard to match, especially if you like to read late in the day...very easy on the eyes.
If I bought more stuff online on a regular basis, I would join Prime in a heartbeat for the reasons you've mentioned. I like the Android operating system though, which was why I started with Nexus and then "graduated" to the Samsung tablet. I had considered a Kindle but it seemed more limited, and I wanted a tablet that could double as a mini laptop, which the Kindle couldn't do, at the time.

I wouldn't ever buy a dedicated e-reader though. The price comparison just makes a full tablet the better bang for the buck.

I still buy from Amazon, but I use credits that I've earned via various shopping apps and therefore don't ever pay out of my own pocket for anything on there. Plus I only buy the minimum for free shipping, and don't ever pay for shipping even without Prime. Lastly, on the rare occasion they offer Prime to try (or re-try, in my case), I take advantage of it and cancel before the trial period expires.

I get a few things from Amazon - mostly books (especially love the $1.99 book of the month club), a certain cat toy that no one sells around here that my cat loves, and the filter for under the kitchen sink.