View Single Post

Old 01-14-2021, 07:43 AM
Default Disarm the victims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
The Capitol installed metal detectors after the January 6 insurrection of the Capitol, obviously for the safety of everyone entering. But of course some members of Congress acted as though they were immune to the new rules and simply bypassed the detectors. Maybe they were “carrying”, maybe not. But the House set the rules that will likely cause those that thought they were above the law to reconsider. The penalty for House members who bypass the detectors is $5,000 for the first offense, $10,000 for the second, to be automatically deducted from their House paychecks.

My guess is the metal detectors will be uniformly used. I think the country needs a similar federal statute requiring the use of facemasks. It would benefit us all and foreshorten the pandemic.
I am puzzled by the requirement that members of Congress and their staff are required to disarm before entering the congressional spaces. Certainly, anyone intending to enter the space with the intent to kill congress members will ignore the metal detectors and enter the chamber fully armed. Then the only people in the room will be the evil doer. Perhaps you can explain how this is beneficial to the intended victims. Thank you. BTW, one congresswoman has already entered the chambers fully armed and not been fined or arrested.