View Single Post

Old 01-14-2021, 08:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcooper70 View Post
Lakewood is tiny compared to The Villages ... and they have only two golf courses. They sold a lot of houses last year and so they are up there. See how it grows over the next few years.
Thanks to TPKs post and mention of Lakewood, I went into their site. Must say the LOCATION appears to be great - close to coast/beaches/shopping/TB/Sarasota etc. Truly IMO much better than TV. And the weather would be nicer - less winter cold, breezes from the Gulf in summer (of course storm issues too.). I do like the very different areas of LW- home styles thruout. That said - it stops there. TV has SO much more offer in so many ways, and no doubt more affordable - and our age-restricted living (for us) is wonderful. Looking back - if, when I retired and moved to FL when I was 55 - LW would have been very appealing and perhaps won out over TV area. But not looking back unless Doc comes around with his DeLorean.