View Single Post

Old 01-15-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
This can be a DIY project, which will generally save you a lot of money. I have installed the lights and controller from Home Depot as these were metal and LED and had a 5 year warranty. They are currently 6 years old and NO failures. I did my own, and the only change I made was I used crimp connectors, liquid tape, and heat shrink tubing to get completely waterproof connections. Lowe's has similar equipment but it appears to be a significantly higher cost. I have helped a few neighbors where they did all of the hard work (burying cable, etc.) and I made up the final connections as I had the equipment. I am no longer interested in doing complete installations, my knees complain too much.....
Hello, A new homeowner here I am getting overwhelmed by the things I need to know about my purchased home i.e. sprinkler maintenance, water conditioner or softener (not sure what I have), lawn and home pest control etc... Anyway it looks like you have a good bit of experience with landscaping lighting. I know you are a DIY person (as I) but one of things I am concerned with is burying the wire, BTW, thanks for all your tips on this subject. My concern is not to disturb the sprinkler system. Never installed landscaping lighting but anything else I should be concerned about (outside you already informative tips)? Thank you Ray