View Single Post

Old 01-21-2021, 05:32 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,770 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomptomp View Post
I need a reliable landscaper to remove two queen palms. Someone insured and careful. Anyone with a good experience ? Please give me their information. Thanks.
Whoever you go with, want to share this tip (most will not bother to follow, but, I personally found out "the hard way" as my father used to call it). NO MATTER what they have on their card, painted on a truck, or they TELL you, never, never, never fail to call the state (info is all on line) and CHECK. My experience in checking out 5 "license" numbers: 2 were completely "manufactured", not even the correct number sequence for licensed trade (one was for plumbing), the other three HAD been legitimate numbers for the trade, but had not been renewed and kept up to date (one by 3 YEARS). Found it is not uncommon in Florida to fail to renew. Very few resources available to enforce the laws, state has a great deal to do and is just not able to pursue so many law breakers. Think of YOU first, take the time and "aggravation" to do the final step when you decide.