View Single Post

Old 01-23-2021, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingcnslts View Post
I play off campus from Jan-March every year and the waves are part of the reason. I spoke with 2 of the Golf Course managers about the wait at the turn with the same results. "You play too fast", in reality they schedule the T-times to maximize the income with no gap in time allowed between the end of a wave and the golfers making the turn. Instead of planning for the first group of the day to play in 2 1/2 hours plan for 1 3/4 hours leaving a open period for "Fast Golfers" or as previously suggested designate one of the 3 nines to accept the people making the turn.
The "plan" is for the first groups to play in 2 hrs 8 min, NOT 2 1/2 hrs. (7:28 first tee time, 9:28 last). If you play faster, you WILL hit the wave. They do this to maximize tee times, especially in high season (and profit as well). Separate carts have added to the faster times as well. If you're first out just be aware that arrival at the back 9 quicker than 2:08 will probably result in a short wait. IMHO, that's better than getting stuck behind a group that takes 2:40 to play the front nine. (I'd rather wait 15 minutes at the turn than wait on EVERY shot all 18 holes)