View Single Post

Old 01-23-2021, 07:54 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, folks, but I have to disagree with some of your posts(even John W's, whom I agree with most of the time). TV is an aging/retirement community, where most of the golfers are recreational(vs serious/pro). The expected pace of play is NOT based upon the group in front of you, but a reasonable timed pace. If the group ahead are advanced(or 2-3 men), there is no expectation for the group behind them to keep up to them, nor faster than the faster group behind them! As has been reported, golf has been in decline over the years. We need to keep that interest here. If we turn off these recreational golfers, expecting them to play at an advanced pace, they will quit. Guess what happens to some of these courses when that occurs? For the record, I'm not nearly as good of a golfer as many of you(I'm sure), and I also worked as a Champ Ambassador(til last May). I kept the expected pace of play, but did not/will not push players beyond what is expected. I don't like slow play any more than you, but I also don't want to see courses closed.