View Single Post

Old 01-27-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio1948 View Post
Has anyone experienced the poor service lately with the Service Dept. in Spanish Springs?
Yes and I will never service or buy a cart from them again. I don't think their work is necessarily bad. I have issue with their ethics. I understand and take responsibility for the 'buyer beware' thing. I do, however, object to their practice of not providing full disclosure.

They sold me a used cart they knew would have motor issues. Sure enough, within six months, the motor died. They replaced it with the same exact motor even though they knew it wasn't designed for the type of use it gets here in TV.

Fast forward another 2 years and, sure enough, the second motor died. This time they even admitted they knew it was a bad motor but alleged it was the only option available to them at the time. No discount offered on the second motor replacement and the motor upgrade option they now offered was close to $2K. They pretty much ruled out the option for me to buy a new cart when they offered me $500 trade in value for a cart that cost over $6k just 3 years ago.

BTW, the research done on the 'upgrade motor' revealed it would have the exact same problems as the original motor. Motors designed for golf course use don't work particularly well with the high speed use they get here in TV.

When a company, not just once but twice, places its own needs in front of the customer's; I simply refuse to do business with them ever again. Call it 'sour grapes' if you wish but I will also take the opportunity to relay to others my experiences with them.