View Single Post

Old 01-28-2021, 03:11 PM

Reading everyone rave about being in the middle of everything has driven me to my first post here.

I’ve been “in the middle of everything” for the last 30+ years and I’ve had enough. For my coming retirement, The Villages is currently my plan B. Plan A is renting an out building on Kanye West’s Wyoming ranch.

For the Villages the new areas down south are what appeal to me. If I were to buy right now I’d probably go with Bradford. Small and quiet but near enough to activities I’m interested in. For shopping it’s just the grocery store once or twice a week, Costco once a month and Home Depot/Lowes occasionally. Everything else I can get online.

For recreation it’s USPSA pistol matches in Clearwater once a week, Archery once a week and the standard Villager activities: Biking, Golf, Softball, Pickleball, Orgies, etc. None of which have to be within walking distance.

I have no interest in the Town Squares. In fact, I’ll be leaving my family strict instructions. If they ever hear of me line dancing they are to immediately dispatch Seal Team 6 for an emergency extraction.

I’ve read that the typical Villager buys 2-3 houses. Maybe I’ll end up buying further and further south as time goes on. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have a hard time adjusting to all the friendliness. Joining the social group for sarcastic and cynical north-easterners might help though.

You do have one of those groups, right?