View Single Post

Old 01-29-2021, 10:26 AM
Default Exactly what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike18 View Post
It seems that the attitude toward working out or exercising at a facility has changed since the beginning of the Villages. At one time perhaps the facilities at the recreation centers were adequate. The new residents and home owners are of a different generation. There needs for exercise and workout facilities is far greater. It is time for the Villages to build modern spacious exercise facilities, and it should be included in the amenities fee.
Love the responses, I have looked into several of the options. As Bigmike posted, I’m 55 wife is 50 we have always used gyms and do so to fight old injuries. I can take pain pills, or stay fit. I guess I was surprised at the cost of the small villages gyms. I see a lot of money spent on amenities, I would assume this is something worth pursuing. You see the cost of a gym is space, cooling and related costs. Here the building is already there, mostly unused. Adding a gym has a startup cost, but with reasonable fees could turn a profit quickly. I think the Mulberry location will work for me just based on convenience. Maybe over time TV will expand these locations.
Bud