View Single Post

Old 01-29-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
I’ve been working out in gyms since 1975. About ten years ago, I decided to work out at home and even though I have a lifetime membership to a gym chain, I would never go back.

All I have at home is dumbbells, a bench and tension bands, and I get as good a workout as I ever did, even at my advanced age!

And all without people hogging equipment, putting their towels on unused equipment, horrible music and posers! The change was almost as pivotal as moving to the Villages!

So there’s that. You may or may not want to consider it.
I've been working out at home since the start of the pandemic and have cancelled my gym membership for good.

I've found that a few kettle bells can go a long way but my main workout equipment is something called the X3 Bar. It's not cheap ($500) and the inventor has stretched the truth about scientific studies regarding resistance band training but I love it. It's awkward to work with at first but after a few weeks it's fine. Just follow the program on the website and you can get a good "weight training" workout in 15 minutes. Which includes squats + deadlifts. All in your living room and with much less chance of injury compared to regular weights.

And the inventor is obviously juicing but that doesn't mean the product doesn't have benefits.