View Single Post

Old 02-01-2021, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2172 View Post
My Internet speed download was averaging 220 MHz up load 20 MHz. Then in December it would suddenly decrease to as slow as 19 MHz download, I would reset the cable modem and speed would be restored. But this was happening quite often.
Mid Jan agreed to xfinity 1000 MHz plan, instantly upload increased to 40 mhz from prior 20 MHz. But download speed only increased to 400– 500 MHz on a good day but no where near the 1000 MHz promoted and being paid for. Xfinity customer care is atrocious, unable to solve problems and constantly trying to upsell without fixing or addressing the reasons for the call to xfinity customer service. This is the problem with cable monopolies they don’t care because They are the only game in town.
I suspect with all the growth in villages that xfinity doesn’t have the bandwidth to service number of customers being added, therefore they are throttling down Internet speeds. So we are being ripped off by xfinity for services they know they can provide.
Is anyone getting 1000 MHz download speed?
Are you using Xfinity's cable modem or your own?

If it is from Xfinity, keep complaining until they agree to replace it. If it is yours, check the specs to be sure it is capable of 1000 Mbps.