View Single Post

Old 02-01-2021, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,582 Times in 3,135 Posts

Very glad to hear this. We went to Ricciardi's within the first month or two of them opening and were very badly disappointed. We realized it might take more time since they were still new. But it was an unreasonable wait from the time we were seated til we got our water glasses and menus. One of the hot dishes was served cold. Not just "not hot" but actually cold, as if they'd cooked it and stuck it in the fridge for a little while. The sauce was watery and tasted like it came from a jar. The grated cheese was generic or Belgoiso/Stella which - at home or at a local pizza joint is fine, but not for what's supposed to be a mid-tier family restaurant.

My fish dinner smelled off, so I ended up not eating it. My mom didn't get her side dish and by the time they finally brought it out after she'd told them it was missing, we were all already finished with our meal. We had asked twice for lemon for our water (once when we sat down and once after they'd brought the water to us without lemon). We never got it. The wait staff apologized but it was obviously not very sincere, since they never corrected the errors. We left without even bothering to take home what we didn't eat, and never went back.

Now that I know it has a new ownership, I'm definitely willing to give it another try. The menu itself was great, had plenty to choose from, lots of different types of italian foods. I'm betting the Sulieman family will do a much better job of presentation, value, customer service, and quality of the finished product.