View Single Post

Old 02-02-2021, 01:16 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Say what?

[QUOTE=kevko05;1894295 One solution would be to equip the ambassadors with a "pole" ball mark repair item where all you have to do is place the pole over the ball mark and push. Done. Dont have to bend over and manually fix each mark. Another solution would be to push all the tees back for a couple of weeks to make it harder for the average golfer to hit the green in the air and wait for the greens to recover before the tees are again moved up. As far as sand traps we rake where our ball settles and redrop the ball. Then rake our area afterwards. Enjoy the game and what it has to offer. The Villages has very challenging Ex courses and fun for all abilities and dont let a few negative issues get in the way of having a good time[/QUOTE]

You've never used the tools they give the ambassadors...I did for 10 months...it's a shoulder, elbow and wrist killer. I did my best but it's up to the golfer to fix their pitch marks. Most do not! There are numerous reasons why they don't fix them: don't see the ball land on the green, don't care and don't know how to do it properly. Those tools also do a minimum amount of good.

Move the tees back? Then the golfers will move forward. Non-solution.

Assuming these issues interferers with someones enjoyment is not proven....therefore an assumption. Strange as it may seem some folks are just trying to get it out there to do what you are supposed to.

Still with quite a few people having poor eyesight and trouble bending over it's a non-issue with me. If I'm playing with someone who leaves a pitch mark I fix it...if they leave a bunker unraked I rake it for them with no comment from me. I guess I'm hoping they take the hint, but I don't rely on it.