View Single Post

Old 02-06-2021, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I think that the Chiefs defense is very under-rated. The shut down Stefan Diggs, the leading pass catcher in the NFL in the AFC championship game. The Bucs DBs are young and inexperienced. I expect Mahomes to have a big game.

And yes, calling Mahomes, the next GOAT is absurd. Yes, he looks great and has been to two super bowls in two years, winning the first. But he needs to play for twenty years at a high level and go to ten super bowls and win at least six and maybe seven of them before he can be considered the greatest of all time. He also needs to break a lot of other records set by Tom Brady.

If he's still around and playing like he is now in 2040, maybe we can consider it then. And quarterbacks like Mahomes that run and scramble a lot don't usually have long careers. One of the reasons that Brady has been so successful is that he doesn't depend on his legs. The first thing to go on an athlete is the legs. When a quarterback depends on his legs a lot, he's not going to be able to play for 20 plus years.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.