Thread: Advice pls
View Single Post

Old 02-06-2021, 08:31 AM

You didn't say who your plan was with? Vanguard, Fidelity, Charles Schwab, etc.
Vanguard has a very high rating and low cost. Depending on your plan and the company you worked for you may want to or your company may require you to move your 401K / IRA to another company.
First just remember when you make a move to another company it could take several days or a week to complete the move. During that period of time your account will be in limbo not effected by the market ups & downs.
I recommend you stay with Big company like Vanguard, Charles Schwab, Fidelity etc. I personally don't trust the small independent companies. Remember Bernie Madoff.
You want a financial advisor who you can talk with and someone who will return your calls. There are so many ways to invest your 401K. There are companies who will use a Robo Advisor for your account investments based on your individual preferences. I would interview several companies. When I retired I interviewed Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, Vanguard, and Charles Schwab.
Remember its your money, be smart, not all advisors look out for your best interest. You want to use a company who has Fiduciary Certified Financial Advisors who by being Certified must keep your best interest in mind.