View Single Post

Old 02-14-2021, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

I remember about 5 years ago being at a California restaurant and the wait staff and manager were discussing a bad Yelp review, while I am sure one review will not hurt the restaurant, it actually helped them understand what they were doing better and what they were not doing better. This is a place with probably a one or two million dollar capital investment in the building. My point is not whether it's an expensive place or not but that other people are definitely entitled to know what's going on before you spend your money. After all if you're going to put in a $20,000 kitchen you want to make sure the contractor is a good contractor maybe he screws up one time but the fact is we all do and I'm sure there would be 20 good reviews otherwise. When I travel extensively and eat out I always look at the reviews and I know that two or three bad reviews will not make my decision but when it's every other review I'll skip a place and go where there's mostly four and five star reviews because I don't need to have a bad stomach in the next morning or bad experience spending my money whether it's $10 at a fast food place or $100 at a steakhouse. And by the way is a certain dunkin' donuts on 44 with 100% bad reviews of their employees that I'm never going to most of the time that's because there's no management in house