View Single Post

Old 02-14-2021, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1040 View Post
Very disappointed with the whole landscaping experience when planning our new home. The sales person was not knowledgeable about the plants we wanted that we had seen at a local nursery. We finally agreed on a few things and we just saw our new house and closed on it Friday. The plants are tattered, bug eaten and turning brown. One focus plant was turned sideways and the other was horribly shaped. So disgusted...I want them replaced and will contact the company myself first then the villages dept. Has anyone else had this experience? How was it handled?
I have very skilled and important advice for you. This is after observing homes here for close to sixteen years and living in two brand new homes.

WATER IT AND WAIT SIX MONTHS.

The developer does know what he is doing. The plants are selected for THIS climate and are hardy, and I have NEVER seen them be anything but healthy when they are planted. The plantings usually follow the rules of design with color placement and size and number. Many people rush to choose their favorites and before long their yard is a mish mash, overgrown and has dying bushes not meant to live HERE.