View Single Post

Old 02-14-2021, 04:13 PM

While I agree that much is to be desired from our maintenance crew, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out the abuse these courses take from our friendly neighbors. You know who you are - you "sneak"onto the courses after the starters leave, drive your carts everywhere and anywhere, never fix a divot or a ball mark and use the course as your private practice course. Can you go into any of the recreation centers after hours? Are you able to dip into any of the pools for a "midnight swim"? Why, then, do you presume to feel the golf courses are fair game? If there is no starter to check you in, verify that you are a resident and not a guest and that your trail fee is paid, the course is closed. No matter what you believe is "tradition", if you are using the facilities after supervision is gone, you are trespassing and are guilty of "theft of services". While no one can actually prosecute you and you are, obviously, able to get away with this deplorable behavior, you are contributing to the deterioration of our communally owned asset. The behavior of some golfers during legitimate play is bad enough, but you add insult to injury and the maintenance crew has all it can do to keep up with In hours damage.