View Single Post

Old 02-15-2021, 12:08 PM
Default Keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Hope this is a simple one compared to some of the questions I see on this forum ! I have a Lenovo laptop that is about half way (?) through its' useful like. Really don't want to have to buy yet, but a couple keys are no longer working and a real frustrating problem. Little can be typed without letter "c", and letters "z" and "x" don't work. It the cost of taking this to a place like best buy to get these 3 letters working, higher than buying a new laptop ? I am not a gamer, and no longer use for business applications, so can get buy with a $400 or so laptop for social media, email, and looking up things on the web. What to do ? Presently, using a wireless key board with the laptop, but that's a real pain when I want to pack up the lap top and take with ! Also another question, since I only write an occasional traditional letter or document, is there a less expensive alternative than purchasing word yearly, or, do alternative make it impossible to read and print the documents I already have saved on the laptop that are written in Word ? Thanks all......
your keyboard sounds like you got some liquid on it, new keyboard should cost between 20 and 50 dollars, about 75 dollars to install, Libre Office is free clone of Microsoft Office and will read and write all Office documents, spreadsheets, etc. Good luck.