View Single Post

Old 02-16-2021, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tossadow View Post
I'm about to order a new cart and wonder what style windshield would be best. It seems there are 3 choices.

1) the regular flip down in the middle style. 2) flips down in the middle but has the "slide across" opening vents for when window is up but allows some air. OR 3) the "newer" style that has the smaller flip up style down at the bottom

Option 3 does not allow any flip down of the top window for "big airflow" and someone who has style #2 says the slide grates get dirty and are hard to clean.

There is no difference in price so curious as to what others like or dislike about the different styles. Thanks!
Obviously, it is opinion. You list three, there are more than that. We have the type that
folds down. Depending on going up hill of not, I find looking through the joint annoying.

As to hard to clean the three mentioned are all plexiglass-plastic. It is hard to clean and when you clean it you cause fine scratches. I don't know the cost, I expect far more than plastic, you can purchase real tempered glass windshield. Glass being far harder
than plastic so it will not scratch. Rain is common in Florida. A glass windshield would allow you to get a car like windshield wiper.

We have the plastic type that folds down. Not sure why but we never use it folded down. Cooler? Any of the mentioned vent systems, if, they help they only work when the cart is in motion. In motion no matter what you choose you have a 20 mph breeze.