View Single Post

Old 02-17-2021, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
Unfortunately, you have made your arguments weaker by not including balanced information.

1) The small pox vaccination was stopped being given because small pox no longer existed anywhere in the world. In fact, the effectiveness of the vaccine eliminated small pox.

2) I went to the FDA website to look at the 327 drug recalls. It was illuminating. The FDA was doing its job in making sure that companies don't include chemicals such as methanol (etc.), particulate matter, undeclared drugs, mislabeling, exceeding daily limits, etc. While I didn't go through the entire list, it looks like the FDA is doing its job in protecting the average citizen from potential danger. here is the link:
Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts | FDA

3) While it is true that most people will suffer only minor symptoms, there have been several areas where the ICUs were filled to capacity. I do not wish to bet whether there will be an ICU bed available if I need one.

4) Reports are just coming in where people who had only minor symptoms now appear to have longer term damage. Certainly there needs research to verify these reports. Until it can be verified, I am not willing to take the risk.

I am glad that the various government agencies from around the world supported the warp speed development of vaccines. It is true that development of any vaccine or drug takes 10+ years. In this most recent effort, the small group tests run over a few years with complete reviews were skipped. This meant that the individuals in the large group trials were exposed to greater risks. The result was that some vaccines were shown not to be effective (Merck) while others were shown to be effective and were scaled up.

I respect your right to not get vaccinated. However, your presentation of incomplete data may persuade others to follow your decision. Unfortunately, your post contributed to the misinformation that you complained about.

"However, your presentation of incomplete data may persuade others to follow your decision. Unfortunately, your post contributed to the misinformation that you complained about."

It appears to me that this is okay with far too many folks anymore.

Forget the facts, make me be right or feel good or strongly support a specific group.