View Single Post

Old 02-17-2021, 04:48 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
If that was the case there would never be any progress. We would still be living like cavemen. One of the courses in my graduate studies was, “How do we know what we know?” It was a science based as compared to faith based course.

What you can do with data, is select the part of it that would support a particular outcome. This what pharmacies etc would like researchers to do for their products sometimes. But when one follows accepted statistical procedure you do actually do get a factual picture.
Unfortunately too much of science today is faith based and depends on one’s political faith. Sabine Hossenfelder , a prominent physicist in Germany, blows the whistle in her videos on the state of present day science. Many other scientists agree with her. But with the active cancel culture today anyone who bucks the group think is ostracized. Not the best way to advance science which was to find flaws in theories so that they can be improved. Try stating to a group of Darwin ideologues that his theory is incomplete and you might be hissed off the stage. And don’t get me started on flip flop Faucci.

As for the OP, the statistics in the controlled studies can guide one on whether to get the vaccine or not. We will definitely get vaccinated for COVID 19 as we are near 80 years old, if I ever hear back from the registration websites.

Last edited by John41; 02-17-2021 at 05:20 PM.