View Single Post

Old 02-21-2021, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
As you know what good is all the amenities if you can't get there to use them. What I said is what can do so seniors can afford to PAY THAT will be able to make available to seniors like myself to get to these amenities. I will take this into consideration when looking AT THE VILLAGES AND WHEN BUYING, TO ME THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND TO MANY FUTURE BUYERS AT THE VILLAGES. If they won't or can't we will move on to communities that will or do have community transportation. Thank you for your time.
One of the biggest draws to TV is being able to drive your golf cart to more than the golf course, Walmart, Publix, the rec center, the pool, just about anywhere within 35 square miles. There are limitations, how long do you do you want to ride in a bumpy golf cart in 90 degree heat with the wind blowing. Some people like myself, don't take the cart out of the garage unless I'm playing golf. I like A/C and a radio and getting to my destination in 20 minutes or less. For many more, golf carts are everywhere. Of course there is always Uber cars that can be summoned with phone. However, as others have said, TV is ringed with assisted living homes and I see their vans everytime I go to Walmart or the grocery store.

I don't know the limitations of your disability other than you can't drive a car. However, if you able to do activities at rec centers, handling a golf cart is not that hard and you don't even need a driver's license.

Plus parking lots and streets can accommodate a lot more carts than cars.

The Villages Florida