View Single Post

Old 02-21-2021, 02:28 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Nothing is free. This is an important concept to know. Someone pays for everything and when a community offers free something on a continuing basis like transportation, right off the top of my head I think of vehicles, insurance, drivers, insurance, salaries, maintenance on vehicles, scheduling, etc. These little "kind" things soon add up to all of us being sent the bill and soon people who have carefully planned out their money and budget can no longer afford to live here. There is no big benevolent mother who is going to handle this. Frankly, I do not see it as a need. We have transportation that can be hired. And if that doesn't work, then individuals need to move to other areas and make other plans.

P.S. Joel, I have just read through your previous posts and it appears you are on Long Island thinking to relocate to Florida. If you have not done so, please come here and stay a week and ask questions of folks on the squares and in restaurants. We are used to it and you will see the opinions are strong in admiration of this wonderful place.

PLUS most people who cannot or don't want to drive cars choose to get around in their golf cart and if they can see clearly and have their full functioning mind, that is a good choice instead of public transportation. Golf carts can get you to the doctor and the stores and to other peoples homes and to the squares....
Nailed it