View Single Post

Old 02-21-2021, 09:04 PM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
If they have smoked entire adult life, why quit now? It’s not like quitting will give them extra years, let them enjoy one of the lifelong habitats. But I agree pick up your butts, not just on the course, but around ponds, residents property, and the road
This hits home for me. My mom n dad smoked for 60 years. Both had a list of health issues. Mom was an old roller derby gal and dad a boxer. Both were as tough as nails and neither backed down from a fight. As a boy I seen both in fists fights with their same sex. True story! One day mom’s doctor told her make preparations to die, he said only thing to help is quit smoking immediately and she did! A surprise for sure and she is alive yet. Dad’s doctor said you have smoked all these years, if you want to smoke then smoke. He lasted a few years and died. A man with 20” arms and powerful man was brought to a frail man in the hospital, that gasped for every breath. Hoses in nose, mouth and throat to gain another minute of life. The cigarette commercials always portrayed the smokers as cool and sexy but didn’t show a man like dad on his deathbed. Please if you smoke, then quit! It may give you a better quality of life later. You will smell better too