View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Those who feel superior not being on Facebook are missing out a lot. I click on and can see what my family is doing in Ohio, New York and London. I can see my cousins catching fish or baking bread and groan at some of their silly memes. I can get up to date information about Covid vaccinations and people's take on world affairs and I can involve myself as much or as little as I want to in the discussions. I can check in on the young parents who have just started the life long journey of having a child with Williams Syndrome and sometimes offer advice and comfort. I can do a coffee spit over the hilarious jokes and puns that brighten my day. I can make a snide remark or two if I am in a bit of a mood and get a snide remark or two back. I know what friends who were in my wedding are doing and see that they too have a bit of trouble getting quickly out of a chair and sometimes I urge them to do things, like take the vaccine and see a doctor and sometimes they urge me to mind my own business. I love Facebook, with care it is both safe and world enlarging and has been a solace during this long quarantine. I will continue to enjoy seeing people shout HOORAY....when they get their second shot and to look forward when we will meet again in person. Don't miss out on a wonderful opportunity to further enjoy life.