View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I don't know what golf course course lots sell for now, probably $175K. In my village in 2011 on Odessa Circle lots fronting an executive, Yankee Clipper sold for $135K and they sold out within a year. I'm sure a championship course like Cane Garden five minutes down the road, if the developer decided to build homes on the fairway, I'm sure there would several lawsuits filed immediately if this was attempted.

If the developer needed to sell something else, for one he owns 2700 acres on his compound on the northside of 466 between the polo fields on the west side and Tierra Del Sol on the east. There was talk a couple of years ago they would buy a 10 acre horse farm NW of TV and develop that land. I have seen two of the homes on the compound sell within the last couple of years, one included a couple of acres and other included about ten acres, they sold for a couple of million a piece. They had entrances directly off 466, so the owners wouldn't have to come through the rest of the property to reach their home.

Google Maps

I recently through a friend that I regularly stay in touch with was contacted by someone we both knew. He along with his brother purchased and live on 168 wild acres in North Carolina. Each own half of it. Sounds great, till I think. Work? Security? People trespassing? Etc Etc Etc. Far different than the choice I/we have made. You can choose to be happy or not anywhere.