View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 02:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
In summary, you're wrong.

If TV was a development struggling to sell homes you would be right. Just look at the home sales around Juliette Falls. However, here they are selling as quickly as they can build them, so yes, the developer would have no problem passing on higher impact fees to the new homebuyer

And if you don't think residents of Sumter County get a huge benefit from TV, you're blind.
30 years ago Sumter County was the poorest county in Florida, now it ranks 10th or 11th. Better infrastructure, better retail, better employment---the list goes on

It is clear you care about this subject---but KNOW about if? That remains questionable.
As I pointed out, it is clear that the Developer cannot raise prices without taking a profit hit-- for the reasons I detailed. He certainly doesn't think he can. But, as I also pointed out, we shouldn't care if he passes along 100% of increased impact fees, because we, the current residents, will still not be paying for his county infrastructure.

Here is what most residents are getting from the massive expansion of The Villages now underway:
>an outrageous 25% property-tax increase,
>wear and tear on our roads,
>downward pressure on our home values from the ever-increasing supply of homes,
>pollution,
>more strain on a one-star health care system,
>draining of our aquifer,
>traffic congestion,
>food trucks (“roach coaches”) instead of country clubs with restaurants and championship golf courses,
>a vast expanse of tract houses instead of a bucolic countryside,
>difficulty in contracting home services, and
>crowding at our various facilities.

You have not said one word about the issue here: Why should the current residents pay for county infrastructure necessitated by the Developer's massive expansion of The Villages? Somebody has to pay for it, and that somebody clearly should be the Developer.

In your reply, which I suspect will be forthcoming, maybe you could address this issue, which involves tens of millions of our taxpayer dollars, instead of merely complaining because it matters to me, as it does to all the residents who booted out the Developer's puppet Commissioners last year. You and the Developer seem unwilling to accept the fact that this issue should have been decided by the outcome of that election.

Last edited by Advogado; 02-22-2021 at 02:15 PM.