View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
dewilson58,

I just stopped in for my morning scroll and the first thing I saw was your public service announcement. You’re right. It is nice to see a variety of topics like those you listed.

I have seen two movie threads that I want to take part in, but for now, I am going to resist and get back to my cooking — and listening to Ella Fitzgerald, interspersed with The Rolling Stones and a few of my all-time country favorites — all on my iPod. Yes. I said iPod.

I am the only person in the world not on Facebook. Being (sort of) hooked on TOTV is quite enough cyber-life for me. TOTV is my only social media and through the years, I have appreciated how things (usually) have gone.

See you later at the movies.

Boomerosaurus
Not the only person not on Facebook, Boomer, neither am I. Although I do have the latest of every form of Apple gadget and some Android too.

My brother and myself started off building computers from scratch and we used C and FORTRAN for programming. Daughter was a web site designer and forum moderator. We were all aware of the safety of the internet right from it’s birth. Thus no social media for me other than regular battles with Apple on their (lack of) privacy etc. ToTV was an exception because it is helpful for information around TV. And I got to like many of the posters too.