View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt 1946 View Post
...Coincidently, I dated one of the girls in the film who later became an actress. And my Ex. still lives there. The film was very accurate of the time and place. Before the Vietnam war and the drug culture. But, all good things come to an end....
Was it Kathleen Quinlan? I'm pretty sure that was her first credited movie role. She was one of girls at the dance hop. I always had a crush on her. I was surprised somewhat when she was in The Doors movie and did a quick topless scene.

The Villages Florida

What was neat about AG was it had multiple plot lines. You had Richard Dreyfuss, which this film help launch his career, trying to remember the good times before he goes off to college and is sidetracked by the blonde in the T-Bird (who was Suzanne Somers in one of her early roles). That was obviously the main story, but there was many other things going on during the night, it was more than just a buddy film.

What gets overlooked is the band playing at the school hop, Flash Cadillac who went to have a fairly successful career keeping this music alive. I believe they are still playing shows to this day.

Flash Cadillac - Scott O'Malley & Associates, LLC

Flash Cadillac — Video — Colorado Music Experience

The Villages Florida