View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmarlow View Post
Do you realize that the Villages charges a lot premium of around &300k for a golf course frontage lot? If you find a house for $500k it will be in real bad shape.
That's the current prices, every year they have gone up. In 2011 in the village where I live, Tamarind Grove, the golf course lots on Southern Star Executve were $135K extra. Most of the homes on Odessa Circle which is where the lots are located, sell in the $500K to $550K range. These homes are slightly less than ten years old, yet are only 3-1/2 miles from LSL and 3-1/2 miles from Brownwood, and have 7 championship golf courses within a 20 minute golf cart ride, and Glenview is 25 minutes and Lopez is 40 minutes. There are 16 executive courses within a 15 golf cart ride. Can't ask for better.

When these home were new in 2011 on Odessa Circle, there was 88 lots and they surrounded Southern Star Executive course. About half were on the golf course and about half were non golf course lots up against the villa walls. Many of the homes were spec built by the developer because homes were selling so quickly in 2011, they couldn't hardly keep up with the demand. The non-golf course homes when new sold in the $250K to $325K range, and the homes on the golf course sold in the $325K to $425K range.

If you try and find one now, there is currently just one home for sale on Southern Star Executive, and that home has every option available. It's also the most expensive home I've seen in my ten years for sale in Tamarind Grove. They're asking $729K, but it has the golf course frontage, birdcage pool and every other upgrade available. Without the pool and without so many extras, you can find homes in the $500K range quite often on Odessa Circle on the golf course, and also in Buttonwood on the three executive courses they have. Here's that listing so you have an idea of where Odessa Circle is located.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale