View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
dewilson58,

I just stopped in for my morning scroll and the first thing I saw was your public service announcement. You’re right. It is nice to see a variety of topics like those you listed.

I have seen two movie threads that I want to take part in, but for now, I am going to resist and get back to my cooking — and listening to Ella Fitzgerald, interspersed with The Rolling Stones and a few of my all-time country favorites — all on my iPod. Yes. I said iPod.

I am the only person in the world not on Facebook. Being (sort of) hooked on TOTV is quite enough cyber-life for me. TOTV is my only social media and through the years, I have appreciated how things (usually) have gone.

See you later at the movies.

Boomerosaurus
Another view about Face Book... I'm a latecomer to that social media giant, perhaps in the last five years. We've lived in five cities and two countries. If it weren't for Face Book, I never would have been able to keep up with all the friends we made in those places, or even our family, which is spread out to both coasts and a few states in between.

Face Book is what you make of it. As I've said before, I get no news or political views there. You can slam it all you want, but there are ways to make it work for you, keep it private and keep you connected with friends and loved ones.