View Single Post

Old 02-23-2021, 09:39 AM

It happened when we lived in Palm Coast. Matanzas Woods golf course was closed & it turned into weeds. I don't know what they did with the land. It happens quite often if there is no money to keep the course open.
They had 4 golf courses. When you joined your membership included all 4 courses. You paid one time initial fee. The courses were sold. They closed Matanzas Woods, another the City purchased & made it into a public golf course. Your membership was stopped. If you wanted to join a course you had to put down another one time initial fee.
You never know. Housing developments with minimum 3 acres size can be turned into a townhouse complex just by changing the restrictions on the property. Look at a project as large as the pipeline just shutdown with an executive order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molddude View Post
My wife my wife and I have been looking for a pre-existing home on a golf site lot and we're wondering is there any possibility that the golf course, especially a championship course, could be sold for something else in the future? Would love to hear people's thoughts.
A friend of ours in Orlando was just told that they are discontinuing the golf course which he sits upon.

Last edited by nevjudbaker; 02-23-2021 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Fixing typeOs & adding more info.