View Single Post

Old 02-23-2021, 11:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Yes, thanks. I guess the current crop of senior golfers in TV Land is safe from losing courses. I was thinking about the next generation of seniors who may like some different activities such as rock climbing. And from the example of pickleball having a court size of about 1/2 of a tennis court - perhaps there will be 1/2 sized golf courses in the future for seniors. Or smaller golf courses to have more holes and lower the tee time waits? Pickleball changed the face of activities in TV Land - so too some other sport or version of a current one could become popular here in the future. The future will SURELY change and mutate even for seniors.
By the time the next generation of seniors actually become seniors most will no longer be rock climbing. Getting old has a nasty way of changing ones sporting activities. I used to be an excellent mogul skier and basketball player, but now I swim and golf because that’s what my cranky knees can tolerate. And they are already downsizing the golfing opportunities to glorified miniature golf courses that they call putt and play.