View Single Post

Old 02-24-2021, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

You have to remember that there are 6 to 10 times as many people trying to get an appointment as there are doses available.

I was one of the lucky ones to get through about five weeks ago.

I was very impressed , but not surprised, by how well Publix handled this. I showed up a few minutes early for my first dose and was taken right on time. At that point, I was given an appointment exactly four weeks to the minute for my second dose. Showed up Monday ten minutes before my appointment time, filled out a little paperwork and again was taken right on time.

I understand that it can be frustrating trying to get an appointment but I think that things are loosening up now. As more and more people get their shots there will be less and less demand.

I wish you all good luck. The sooner that everyone that wants to be vaccinated gets their shots, the sooner we'll all be able to ditch the masks and social distancing protocols.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.