View Single Post

Old 02-24-2021, 02:57 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
I have never said that raising the road impact fee would, by itself, raise adequate revenue to allow the 25% property-tax hike to be "reversed". Of course it wouldn't.

Raising it to 100%, which it should be, would allow a partial rollback. Imposing impact fees to cover ALL the Developer's infrastructure would allow a 100% rollback, conceptually.should be paid for by the Developer Remember the tax hike was enacted to pay for the new infrastructure, but it will take an impact study to develop the actual figures. Maybe a proper impact fee on all the new infrastructure would allow even more than a 100% property-tax reduction. We will only know once the new impact study is done.

Which "independent" experts, to whom you refer, recommend that a developer pay only 40% of the cost of his road infrastructure and 0% of the cost of his other infrastructure and that the current residents pay the rest? (I would agree that there may be certain circumstances where less than 100% would make sense, but I would submit that those circumstances do not exist in Sumter County.)

On January 19th, you stated the 25% would be rolled back by eliminating the Developer sweetheart impact fee deal. This is why you are so upset with EMS because they have not done it yet. There are probably more posts from you, you can search.

You are learning (finally), increasing the impact fee to 100% would give a partial reversal of the 25%. Maybe 2%. I know this 2% figure is a shock to you, but I'm glad you finally realize it. All this whining over a discount which equated to 2% increase.....what??, $50/year???

Your statement, "Imposing impact fees to cover ALL the Developer's infrastructure would allow a 100% rollback, conceptually." is totally wrong. (false premise, again) Included in the 25% tax hike was to cover increased operational expenses. These expenses are unrelated to the infrastructure costs. Increases the impact fee to cover 100% of the infrastructure costs will not cover increase in operating expenses.

Need expert opinions.................Google and call them. Call Tindale Oliver if you want. The 40% fee was presented as an option to Sumter County by TO.