View Single Post

Old 02-24-2021, 10:12 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
It is amazing the way that the frequent, “professional” posters on this site pile on someone who disagrees with them. All are frequent posters who have thousands of posts and favor the developer on every topic. Here are some facts. 2 out 3 voters in Sumter County voted the three incumbents up for reelection out of office in a landslide election. Residents of Sumter County are looking for increased impact fees. There are more of us than there are of you. The voters of Sumter County spoke. No matter how much pressure the developer and his allies put on us we are not caving in. The articles in the Daily Sun were pathetic and one sided. Villagers I spoke with laughed at the Daily Sun and the reporter who wrote the article. We want change to come to Sumter County and want a more equitable road impact fee.
Is a "professional" poster someone who has a different opinion than you do?

I think people voted out the previous commissioners because there was a 25% tax increase. The EMS team ran on the promise of "rolling back" the 25% tax increase. So... they have to deliver. I am assuming the EMS team is realizing that is a lot more difficult to deliver now that they are in office.

I would bet many Villagers don't fully understand or care about impact fees... they just want to roll back that tax increase. I would also bet the same Villagers would be outraged if businesses or UF-Shands decided not to come to Sumter County because of the increase in impact fees. I'm not sure who is paying for the new Southern UF-Shands structure, but it was the Developer that negotiated that agreement and put forth that vision... not the commissioners.

The EMS team has to learn how to negotiate. The Developer has presented a vision of a new hospital, new schools (for all those workers we need) and non-Villages housing for workers. It would be disappointing to see all of those things go away because there was a stalemate between the commissioners and The Developer.