View Single Post

Old 02-25-2021, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzurinko View Post
Hi folks. I’m trying to find out if anyone has ever had their yard sprayed “ONE TIME” for weeds. I really don’t want to get into an annual contract. I’ve been here 6+ years and have always maintained my yard weed free myself. But for some reason, this winter I’ve had a bloom of hundreds of square feet of broadleaf weeds pop up. Way too much for me to walk around with a gallon of Spectricide and kill them one at a time. So looking for a “one time” (no contract) weed treatment. Any ideas?
Not sure why but this seems to be a bad year for early spring weeds (2/25/21) Re: walking around with a gallon sprayer. You will surely get endless suggestions.
My view, I do not like the combination weed and feed products. They are I guess convenient except the week killers work through the leaves and must stay on the leaves.
Lawn needs to be wet with dew or lightly watered before you apply the product and it need to stay on the weeds. Fertilizer should not stick on the plants as it will tend to burn
so you should water it in. Obviously you cannot water and not water.

You also do not want to get weedkillers on other plants as it will damage if not kill flowers, shrubs etc.

A simple answer. A long nap paint roller. An extender handle or borrow your own push broom handle and you do not even need to bend to do it. Mix up the liquid weed killer and just paint coat the weedy spots. Read the directions on the product you buy. Typically 1 tbs per gallon. You will see it start to work in one day. Complete kill of a weed takes about two weeks.