View Single Post

Old 02-26-2021, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
An easy way to invest in cryptocurrencies is to buy shares in trusts that hold bitcoin. I keep y investments in eTrade and have bought shares in Grayscale Investment trusts. I own Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) and Grayscale Ethereum Trust (ETHE). I got into the game late with the bitcoin trust, started last November, but it has gone from $23 to $53 in 3 months. This is not for the faint of heart. Yesterday ETHE dropped 13%.
My opinion. Bitcoin and the others. What do they offer? Protection from the rash of dollar printing has been mentioned. The dollar is based on the full faith and credit of the United States. Bicoin is based on NOTHING. It has been bid up like stuff like gamestop.

Swings are described as wild. You can actually, I can actually think you can invest in any high beta stock and make money if you buy and sell at the right time.

Investing in bitcoin to buy a home, to pay for college is the same as going to Vegas.
There are some winners. It is not the winners who pay to build all those fancy hotels.