View Single Post

Old 02-27-2021, 12:15 PM
Default Considering the Villages

Within the next year, the wife and I plan to retire and purchase a second home in Florida. Another set of snow birds, yeah!

We have driven through the Villages and love the new homes available online but we have one thought that keeps us away. I wanted to ask about this to see if our thought is correct or way off base.

"Oh the humanity!" is our thought. Once we left our new Village home, all we would encounter is a crush of people. Decide to go food shopping, crowds. Golfing or swimming, people everywhere. Enjoy a beer and music on the square and it's like a day at Disney. Wherever you are standing, you are in the way.

We are are looking to slow down some. Enjoy the warm weather with our little dogs without giving up all privacy.

We will certainly rent something in the Villages and other areas in Florida for a month or two prior to purchasing anything but the thought around the crowds is our concern.

I've read this forum for years and enjoy the conversation. Thought I would state our concern, seeking comments.