Thread: Auto Train
View Single Post

Old 03-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
Booked a sleeper....was bunk beds in a tiny closet-sized area... Top bunk put face within inches of the ceiling---could feel my breath.
Breakfast was a small box of cereal with 1/2 pint of tepid milk.

Any trip north to south or south to north will include one or two nights at a real motel.

Sadly, auto-train a disappointment.
That's why I didn't get a sleeper, the seats and the big windows was great entertainment, at least I thought so. Even though I found the people on the telephones annoying, I liked being in the general population, so to speak. Not isolated. Maybe that's why you didn't like the train. Plus I was in the Army, it seemed like an adventure.

I had both the cereal and scrambled eggs for breakfast. We had our choice of a couple of items. Which is normally more than I eat for breakfast. Maybe you came late and the eggs were gone.

If I did stay in a motel, South of the Border has always been my favorite place to stay, that's what Pedro Sez!!

Sleeper bunk, you should of taken the bottom.

The Villages Florida

In the 50's we traveled to Florida every summer until I was 9 years and then moved to Florida permanent. I remember when South of the Border was only a small motel. Now look!

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Here is South of the Border in the 50's.

The Villages Florida