Thread: Lpga future
View Single Post

Old 03-02-2021, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Totally disagree, women have much more skill with their shots and finesse. They can’t pound it as far, swear or break clubs as easily but many aren’t into that anyway. Just another perspective...
I had a friend who was the major tournament agronomist for the USGA. His job was to set up the courses for all of the USGA's major championships. He told me that when setting up women's that he had to slow down and soften up the greens and keep the rough around the greens cut lower because the women could not chip and putt anywhere as well as the men.

What you're saying here is a complete myth. There have been women that have tried to compete on the PGA Tour and they have simply not been good enough in any facet of the game. When Annika Sorenstam and Michele Wie played in men's events, it wasn't their lack of length that was the only factor that kept them from being successful. Much of their lack of success was due to their inability to handle the faster and firmer greens.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.