View Single Post

Old 03-03-2021, 06:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Lithium Ion batteries are the way to go. They don't require watering and won't lose their charge if you leave them unused during the summer months. And they are far lighter, too. I would expect the prices to come down over the years since they are "new" to golf carts right now. And I would also pick a cart with A/C motors over D/C. Not all carts with lithium ion batteries are A/C. Carts with D/C motors lose torque and speed going uphill.
I agree. When it came time to buying a new golf cart, I ordered an EZgo with the biggest lithium-ion battery pack. The batteries have an eight year guarantee. Most electric batteries need to have their water checked, and some here have automatic waTering systems. They can be finicky about how they are charged, lest they stop taking a full charge. Lithium-ion batteries are smaller, lighter by hundreds of pounds, don’t need filling, and have no charging memory. If you just want to drive your cart without thinking about all these things, Lithium-ion is the way to go. I considered a Yamaha, like most people here, as they have so many strong qualities, but with GM going to all electric vehicles, that may happen here, too. The lithium-ion batteries in an EZgo are a lot like Tesla batteries.