View Single Post

Old 03-08-2021, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I really like Jordan, but don't understand how a professional golfer who hits thousands of practice shots can be so wild off the tee. He is constantly hacking it out of the right rough. One of the announcers on Saturday referred to Jordan as "Palmer-like". I'm not buying that - Jordan may be a good guy and very approachable, but Arnold Palmer did more for American golf than any other person. Ever. There is no comparison, and I wish these non-stop talking heads would just shut up sometimes.
I think that the announcers were referring to the fact that Arnold Palmer was not the straightest driver of the ball and often found himself trying to get out of trouble. That's where the comparison ends. Palmer won a lot of tournaments in spite of hitting a lot of bad shots and taking a lot of risks.

Jordan Speith hits it off line and doesn't shoot good scores.

Phim Mickelson is a lot more like Arnold Palmer than Jordan Speith, so is Tiger for that matter.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.