View Single Post

Old 03-11-2021, 05:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We have 80 megabits per second download and 40 megabits per second upload via fiber to the house. This was the sweet spot in the one-price-for-life offering when we switched over from an older legacy pricing structure with various discounts that expired periodically.

We realize these speeds as measured by Speedtest.

We stream pretty much everything. The download bandwidth we have greatly exceeds what we can use. Typically, with 2 TVs streaming 1080p Hi-Def we are only using 6-10 megabits per second bandwidth.

We pay $45 per month one-price-for-life including all fees and taxes. We have our own router.

I have never considered another vendor.

Be aware that the 940 megabits per second service is not one-price-for-life. They can increase the price. The 100 megabits per second service for $49 is one-price-for-life. It won’t change unless you change the service level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I would like some user experiences with CenturyLink Internet service. I am north of 466. CenturyLink’s website shows two speed levels available for my address. Up to 940 Mbps for $65.00 per month or up to 100 Mbps for $49.00 per month. Both list the modem as free.

My questions about the CenturyLink service are:
Which service do you have?
What are your actual speeds?
How much streaming do you do?
What is the actual cost, service + fees and taxes?

Lastly has anyone used the CenturyLink service as a negotiating tool with Comcast to reduce their Internet only service?

I am a longtime Comcast customer with their triple play service. My Internet speed is 200+ Mbps. I am happy with the service, but their cost keeps creeping up. My package expires at the end of the year and I want to start exploring my options.

Thanks for your replies.