View Single Post

Old 03-17-2021, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
I tried for the first time this a.m. to book for J&J, as my age group is now eligible. On the Publix site at 7, waited half an hour before I was given an opportunity to book a store. Most counties available by that time were in the Panhandle or Miami. So I would choose a store, only to be told that one was full, try another. Not my lucky day I guess!
No it wasn't but as I stated, there are far more people trying to book appointments than there are doses available. I have had people tell me that they went to sites that are administering the vaccine without appointments and waited in line for hours. In some cases, after waiting for hours, they were told that there were no more dose available. Personally, I'd rather sit in front of my computer in my pajamas drinking tea for a few hours than to wait at some location that I've driven to and wait in line in the hopes of getting a vaccine.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.