View Single Post

Old 03-23-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
Hello-

While walking my dog along Lake Sumter Landing this past weekend, I saw a site sitting in the rear of a parked and "unattended" golf cart that I thought I'd never see again. I saw a complete set ( irons, woods, wedge, putters, drivers ) of an authentic 2021 Bentley Golf Complete Set and the bag also appeared to be an authentic Bentley. For those who don't play golf, this golf set retails for about 9K and the owner was nowhere in site and the kart was parked in the rear, away from pedestrian traffic. As far as I could tell, the set appeared authentic and not a cheap China copy. Additionally, the key was left in the ignition of the cart.

Just wondering why that some people when they move to The Villages, just completely forget about common sense and truly believe they live in a bubble and that dishonesty and crime don't occur inside the bubble. Or maybe I'm just very naïve and didn't realize that some people are super wealthy and just don't care. Either way, that golfer lost his mind.
When I first moved to TV about 12 years ago, you could leave your clubs on your cart, the keys in it and go anywhere you wanted and did not have to worry. Now I have to chain my clubs to my cart an if I leave it for more than a minute I always take my keys. I even lock my storage compartments. Also, just like like when we were kids, we could even leave our doors open at home and never had a problem. About six or seven years ago this started to change. I believe thieves began to see TV as a ripe environment of old people and an easy target. Just like every where else, when population grows, and in this case unchecked, so do crime statistics. When I first came to TV I believe it was “Florida’s Friendliest Home Town” not any more.