View Single Post

Old 03-24-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
My understanding is the executive courses are assigned to specific country clubs for maintenance. These courses should be receiving the same type of maintenance as their championship counterparts.

IHO the executive course greens are in bad shape due to much higher play than the country clubs, lack of rain, and more inexperienced players not properly doing their part in maintaining the greens (and course). My solution is to close the executive courses one day a week. It gives the courses a chance to heal.
I worked at golf courses in many different areas, including Florida for 35 years. The courses that I worked at in Florida were extremely busy in the winter months and they were well maintained. The amount of play certainly has an impact but that can be offset with proper maintenance. of course it always comes down to money. I would rather see the Villages put less into changing the flowers and mulch every couple of month and spend more on the golf courses.

The championship courses seem to be making plenty of money but they are, for the most part in sub standard condition as well. Not as bad as the executives, of course, but no where as good as they could be.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.